As part of London South East Academies Trust, Bromley Beacon Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff to share this commitment. Within our school, the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) has overall responsibility for safeguarding and child protection and can be contacted directly in order to discuss any concerns. The Designated Safeguarding Lead is supported in this role by the Head of School and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (DDSLs) across both sites.
Regular and robust training is delivered to all staff within the trust with the support of Bromley Safeguarding Children’s Board, Local Authority Designated Officer and using the Ofsted criteria. This includes the delivery of annual and specific staff training relating to Child Sexual Exploitation, Female Genital Mutilation, Children Missing Education, Prevent and British Values; in addition to clear structured support for staff to address challenging and complex safeguarding concerns. Our Designated Safeguarding Trustee regularly participates and monitors our Policy and practice across the Trust Schools, which is updated and adapted in line with Local and National changes in legislation outside of the regular annual review.
At Bromley Beacon Academy, we endeavour to support the welfare and safety of all students by:
Promoting and maintaining a whole school culture of safeguarding awareness and proactive response to concerns.
Ensuring student welfare is the paramount concern and responsibility of all LSEAT staff, and staff are able to identify children who may be in need of extra help or who are likely to suffer significant harm.
Providing appropriate support and guidance to students to enable them to have a range of appropriate adults whom they feel confident to approach if they are in difficulty or have any worries.
Ensuring that safeguarding is embedded in the curriculum to enable students to stay safe, recognise when they don’t feel safe and identify who they might/can talk to help them.
Promoting a positive and supportive environment where students can develop a sense of being valued and heard in their own right.
Ensuring all steps are taken to maintain the school site security and student’s physical safety.
Working and communicating regularly with parents to build an understanding of the school’s responsibility to ensure the welfare of all students, including the need for external agency support when it is deemed necessary.
Providing regular whole safeguarding training creating a measured, generic approach to identifying and addressing concerns raised.
- Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Andrea Townsley
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) - Vic D'urso, Orpington site
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) - Kane Jones, Orpington site
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) - Mark Else, Bromley site
- Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL) - Sophie Grinham, Bromley site
- Child Looked After (CLA) Lead - Sarah Jane Smith, Orpington site
- Child Looked After (CLA) Lead - Lauren Hilton, Bromley site
- Safeguarding Administrator - Elizabeth Burgess
- Safeguarding Link Trustee for Trust and Provision Boards - Denise James-Mason
- Group Head of Safeguarding, London and South East Education Group - Beth Moore
- Deputy CEO, London South East Academies Trust - Neil Miller
Please note all staff, including Agency Staff, are all suitably vetted to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all students is paramount.