Bromley Beacon Academy has an official school uniform that we expect all students to wear at all times whilst on school site. Parents/carers facing financial difficulty over school uniform or PE/Games Kit should contact the Headteacher, who will advise in strict confidence.
Uniform is to be worn as follows:
- Black sweatshirt with school logo (1 supplied by the school on admission and/or September term)
- White shirt/polo shirt or
- Black polo shirt with school logo (1 supplied by the school on admission and/or September term)
- Black trousers or black knee length skirt (no leggings)
- Black shoes or black trainers only
We will also expect all students to change into a school PE kit:
- White T-shirt with school logo (1 supplied by the school on admission and/or September term)
- Black PE shorts (1 supplied by the school on admission and/or September term)
- Black or white socks
- Trainers or boots as applicable
All items of clothing and kit, including the bag in which the kit is carried, must be clearly labelled with the student’s name.
There is no special shop from which to purchase the clothing; additional items with the school logo can be purchased from the school office if or as required.
If students do not come to school in appropriate school uniform, they will be required to change into uniform provided by the school or return home to change if they live nearby. The clothing should be clean.
Please contact the school immediately if you would like to discuss a specific requirement or temporary need relating to your child wearing uniform.
Only essential school equipment should be brought onto the school site. Personal music players, mobile phones and cameras are not permitted. Students bringing these objects onto the school site must hand them in to the Pastoral Team for safe keeping until the end of the school day. Refusal to hand in these objects will result in confiscation until collected by parents/carers. The school cannot accept responsibility for personal items which are not insured whilst on school property.
Students should not wear jewellery to school although those with pierced ears are permitted to wear up to ONE pair of stud earrings. Please ensure that hoops are not worn in any piercings as they are a health and safety issue.
No caps or hats are permitted in school however, exemptions will be made for religious head coverings.