School Priorities 2020-21
Through the pursuit of excellence in all school areas, we need to demonstrate an uncompromising drive and commitment to the following priority points listed:
The Quality of Education
- Embed the whole school curriculum alongside promoting a learning recovery scheme to support students impacted during the recent pandemic.
- Promote and develop student’s own participation within the curriculum so that a greater % are able to take the lead in their own and others learning.
- To improve the quality of teaching across all subject areas through training, planning and delivery that engages and drives the learning for students so that a greater % make good or outstanding progress both academically and with their SEMH needs.
Behaviour and Attitudes
- To further embed, through curriculum, therapy and self-regulating strategies so that the majority of students are able to accept responsibility for their actions and know the steps to restore relationships with peers.
- Develop students’ current self-regulating strategies to promote and develop their understanding of other student needs so they become more empathetic to others.
- To embed and develop current strategies that support students’ contribution to the life of the school and/or the wider community.
- Promote and develop the improvement of students’ self-worth so that they are both able to recognise their own successes whilst understanding that they are also able to work on areas for improvement over time.
- Develop and embed both the PSHE and RSE offer so that students are fully supported with their own individual needs but also when dealing with the needs of others. Additionally, develop this offer to support all students following the recent pandemic.
Leadership and Management
- Promoting the consistent application of expectations and policy with all staff and students contributing to the development of the school.
- Rigorous safeguarding procedures are maintained in daily practice by all staff and students and embedded for new staff and students.
- Further embed leadership roles and responsibilities at all levels so that all staff contribute and are empowered to ensure the best outcomes.
- Further develop staff wellbeing so that all staff are able to manage their own wellbeing effectively.
- To promote and support the development of a recovery period across the whole curriculum following the recent pandemic.